Sunday, February 3, 2013

Playing in My Studio with My Mom

Mom came over to play today!  She used to love to paint, but I don't think she's picked up a brush in 20 years.  I persuaded her to coming over, and I think she thought we were going to do mending first.  But it's Sunday.  Sunday is a day of play.  Er, rest. Same thing, really.

Anyway, the "canvas" was cardstock that goes between layers of bottles in the factory where she works and the paint was cheap, little-kid, tempera, poster paint and I still had trouble persuading her to "waste" stuff by just playing around.  And she wasn't thrilled with what she came up with.  It had been awhile.  But she said she had fun... and she's going to pick up some watercolor paints because she has an idea....

She is one of the dearest people in the world to me, and I was so glad to see her take this tiny bit of time for herself.  (She still wants to come over next week and mend stuff for Grandma Rose.)

This is her cleaning up.  I couldn't figure out what was taking so long until she asked me for a Q-tip....  Really, Mom?  Are you sure you aren't related to Robert instead of to me?  Yes, she took a Q-tip to the palette, which is now very clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment