Sunday, April 28, 2013

Weekly Round Up

  This past week was Dead Week at the college where I teach.  That means this upcoming week is finals week, which in turn means: Blog?  What blog?
* I worked a little on my denim throw/picnic blanket.  Our basement is cold, andmy husband likes quilts and blankets to feel heavy on him, so I started an unconventional throw that should be thick enough to be the bottom layer underneath a picnic blanket—ergo, useful for both winter and summer.

* We canceled our cable.  It’s the slow good-bye, though, as we haven’t received the box to mail the DVR back, and so while we aren’t getting any new shows recorded, we can still work through some of our old backlog.  
* I'm reading  The Complete Compost Gardening Guide by Barbara Pleasant and Deborah Martin.  I am enjoying it very much and learning heaps :)

* This afternoon we enjoyed a combo birthday party for our goddaughter Isabel and her brother Isaac. 

* Yesterday was a beautiful spring day.  I need to add yesterday to my gratitude jar.
* The Magician decided to celebrate the aforementioned beautiful spring day by boarding barefoot.  For more on covering nasty blisters with duct tape, stay tuned!  (I suppose it’s not a sport if you don’t hurt yourself every time you try it?!  Or is this a guy thing that I’m thankfully not going to understand?)
* I did two errands totaling about five miles on my bike yesterday.
* My friend Elizabeth had a booth at the Sacred Art Show, which I enjoyed seeing.

Have a good week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment