Thursday, May 9, 2013

Quotables


Your dividend of happiness may derive from the simple things unnoticed by most people.
-- Alexandra Stoddard, from Open Your Eyes: 1,000 Simple Ways To Bring Beauty Into Your Home And Life Each Day

I love this quote because it is a reminder how accessible happiness is to most of us now. Where I sit, right now, I can see beauty.  The light coming through blue and green curtains that I made myself.  The glimpse of green and our neighbor's tree, graceful with white blossoms, that I can see out my window.  The art on the wall, like the papier mache-embellished mirror I decorated or the orange flowers in a pot I painted with my mom at an art class we took together for Mother's Day.  And then there is my husband snoring contently on the couch....

I have so much because I have enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment