Thursday, June 13, 2013

A Thought Experiment

Today I am not going to plan, or worry, which lately has been about the same thing.  All day.  Every time I start to plan or worry, I'm going to push said thought out of my head or offer it to God with words along the lines of, "Here, this is Yours."

Instead I'm going to try to be fully present in what I am doing.  So: "I'm walking up the stairs, enjoying the feeling of a warm, relaxed post-exercise body."  "I'm pouring cereal into a bowl, noticing the smell, sound, and color of this action."  Soon, I'm going to be enjoying one of the greatest gifts of civilization: a hot shower.  Why spoil it with thoughts of "What am I going to do about X?"

Surely my life can withstand one day of me not thinking about my future.

Tune in tomorrow and I'll let you know how it goes....

No comments:

Post a Comment