Friday, June 14, 2013

Thought Experiment Results

This isn't exactly a shocker, but  I'm much happier when I'm not worrying/planning/trying make a decision all day long!

The shocker for me was actually how much time I spend worrying.  Way too much.  I didn't even last all day.

I heard once of a wise grandmother who informed her rambunctious grandchildren that bickering was only allowed on Tuesday at 1:00.  Whenever her grandkids started fighting, she made them stop if it wasn't Tuesday at 1:00, and the kids had to find non-shouting ways to settle their differences.  Then at 1:00 on Tuesday she would ask if there was anything they needed to argue about.  Whatever it was never seemed all that important by then.

So maybe I need to schedule worrying from 1:00-1:15 on Tuesdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment