Saturday, July 27, 2013

Thoughts on Coming Home

It’s been a bit hard to come back.  Modern suburban life seems cluttered and full of choices, whereas traveling is very straightforward:  Where are we going to sleep?  What are we going to eat?  What are going to do next?  Whatever it is that is decided, you do one thing at a time.  That is simpler than coming home and facing a messy desk, a month’s worth of mail, and a long to-do list.
Having resumed my life after an absence of five weeks, my initial impressions are:
- I have too much stuff.
- My life is too complicated.
- I want to spend time with people rather than spend time dealing with all this minutia.
I’m sure I’ll be sucked back into the whirlwind we call ordinary life and not even notice these things in three weeks, but I wanted to note them here just the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment