Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Weekly Round-Up

I had a great weekend!  Here are some pics to share:

I priced Mac Minis.  Still pondering.  If using a Mac wouldn't cause problems with my writing and editing business, I'd promptly join the Apple Army of Mac Zealots....

I enjoyed listening to Marcia of Marcia's Musings at the Gratitude Cafe:

I went to the Applejack Festival in Nebraska City, a nearby town of about 7,000 that welcomes 20,000 visitors every year as it celebrates the apple harvest.


 I totally want to make some of these!  They are plate flowers, made with metal stakes, a screw through a hole in the first plate, and then lots of good glue.
I had never seen a portable ATM before....
 This house on the grounds of the Arbor Day Farm was set up to be 1800s, the era focused on in grad school
 A 17-year old boy made this:
 This chair converts from a stroller to a high chair in about three seconds.  Super cool!



I LOVED the quilt show!  We met the featured artist, Chris Taylor.  From our conversation, I gathered that she mostly quilts for the love of fabric, color, texture, and beads, but she does do a few commissioned pieces.  If you are looking for a one-of-a-kind piece, she has a yahoo email account with the handle "ct5919".
 The background isn't a painting.  It's a quilt.  Seriously.

It was a really great little road trip!  Thanks to Aunty M for inviting me and to the lovely young bride Jen S. for coming along :)

No comments:

Post a Comment