Monday, December 9, 2013

Hello, Monday


My last Weekly Round up makes me laugh, because I was waxing poetic about the beautiful weather and we now have 4 inches of snow on the ground.  I have to go outside this afternoon for an interview for a freelance project and I'm not looking forward to driving in this.  (He called me this morning and wanted me to come to the interview this afternoon.  Seriously?  Do have no respect for my time at all?)  At least I will have more time this way to get the piece written.

The backup finally finished on Saturday, or was it Sunday?  Anyway, my computer had been on constantly for almost a week, and it was such a relief to turn it off.  I did go ahead and purchase a year of BackBlaze.  It is a nice feeling that my stuff is backed up someplace off-site.  As a cloud -- i.e., a web-accessible place from which one can retrieve files when one is on a different computer than the one where the files were created -- it's actually rather clumsy.  You have to pick a file, and then they e-mail you a zipped folder and then you download it to get your files.  But I generally email files to myself when I need them, so it's not a big deal.  The thing I like about it is that it backs up quietly in the background without me having to do anything, and that it does not appear to have slowed down my computer at all, which was one of my big concerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment