Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Health Log Update

"I've been good for AGES and my weight went up?  See, it's been.... two days.  Oh."

That nicely summarizes how it going.

The first thing I've learn from my health log experiment is that since I am surrounded by push-a-button-instantly-get-what-I-want technology, this makes dealing with my body seem slow and frustrating.  Also, I tend to grossly exaggerate how "good" I've been in my mind, forgetting the half-a-foot tall chocolate cake tower I ate at the fundraising dinner Saturday but remembering every exhausting workout.

This is slow going.  And after a month of keeping track, I haven't lost weight, I've gained it.  I've slimmed down my waist, but not my hips.  And I'm amazed how hard it is to be consistent.

Later - My husband informs me that when muscles are sore and/or growing, they retain water and so we weigh more.  As I'm getting used to the work outs and less sore, the scale numbers are inching down.  

No comments:

Post a Comment