Sunday, April 6, 2014

Weekly Round-Up... Mostly Art


This Week I
… discovered when the weather was colder that the draft blockers really made a difference.  More so than I expected, actually.
 ... set up for the art exhibit in Beatrice and was interviewed by journalist  for a piece in the local paper.  I'm taking my mom, sister, and some friends down to see it on April 13, and I'm really excited!


... went to the annual art show at Mahoney State Park with Mom, Rachel, and Rachel's darling mother-in-law Mary, who is just a joy. 
 
With my sister Rachel
This artist did amazingly intricate work in wood:




I bought Mom a scent-dispenser from this potter.  You put essential oils in it and they gradually disseminate through the air, even with the cork in.  Here's their website.  They were really nice people, and they mentioned some artist co-op galleries in Omaha that I'm going to have to check out.
This artist was my favorite:
She is half a full-time husband and wife artist team from Neola, Iowa.  She had a huge range, everything from realistic woodland paintings to dancing snowmen.  Her website is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment