Saturday, May 10, 2014

Weekly Round-Up

This week I ....

... finished grading, turned in my grades, and ordered books.  Now I don't have to go to work until August.  I will, though.  I have some summertime ambitions.  Just not for a while.

... spent time on a golf course.  (Longer than to cut across a corner of it while geocaching.)  I joined the students and faculty for the annual Golf Scramble (i.e. Finals Are Over Celebration) in Friend, Nebraska.  I just walked along since I've never golfed before and making a laughingstock of myself in front of students is generally a bad idea.  But it was a lovely day for a leisurely walk, I learned what a birdie is, and I got to spend time with pleasant folk.

... enjoyed hanging out with my niece.  She wants to make a dress from recycled T-shirts which she plans to cover in "hearts, flowers, rainbows, and sparkles."  Stayed tune...
Here she is helping with dinner by preventing the potatoes from exploding in the microwave.
And here she is learning to sauté.

She's growing so fast!  But she's always had fun in my kitchen, and I hope we are making happy memories.
Melting marshmallows for Rice Krispie Bars

No comments:

Post a Comment