Saturday, May 24, 2014

Weekly Round-Up

A busy week!

Chrissy, Rachel and I surprised Mom with a tea party.  She had mentioned a few months ago that it was too bad she had all these teapots and they never got used.  Chrissy got the idea to surprise her after work, which was a good idea, especially because it meant we didn't have to relocate all of those tea pots.  (She is working OT on Sundays in May--so not cool, but it made it easier to all of us to be there on a day she worked.)  So she came home, expecting to spend the rest of the afternoon picking bags of cutworm larvae off of trees and found us all there instead.

We leaped out and shouted "Surprise!"  She was surprised....





Yesterday I started my voice acting career with a little volunteer work.  It was a lot of fun, and I got great direction and helpful career tips from Matt at Spirit Catholic Radio.  Anybody need some voice acting done?

The microphone belongs really, really close to your mouth when speaking into it,
and it looks like I left it there for the photo.  I’m really not getting some kind of weird facial!
While in Omaha, I visited Amy and Steve which is always a pleasure. I am so grateful to have them in my life! 

Plus I got to meet little Zaida (first child of my cousin Andy and his sweet wife Rachel) for the first time.  Here she is in the always-loving arms of my sister Rachel.

I also started a new batch of gratitude jars.
Up Next Week: A tea party with nine year olds...


No comments:

Post a Comment