Saturday, June 7, 2014

Weekly Round-Up and a "DIY tree," sorta


This week we….

… picked lots of strawberries!  (And peonies.)
… played in a krokinole tournament with some dear friends. Congrats to the undefeated Jen and Mike!  I was consoled for our loss by little Simon feeding me strawberries.  It was so cute!



-- had to sacrifice some tomato plants.  I had foolishly planted two seeds in a pot and when we transplanted them, we transplanted both seeds into the same spot, not wanting to further tramatize the poor little things by trying to untangle the roots.  Doug the Ultimate Veggie Gardener (who will be rolling his eyes when he reads that title, but hey, Doug, you are all we got!) pointed out that both plants will be competing for light and nutrients and water, and well, everything.  He suggested getting rid of the weakest one, which we did, amid wailing and gnashing of teeth.


… finally replaced the missing mother-in-law’s tongue.  It’s kind of a DIY tree….  Spray paint one branch, put a PVC pipe in the pot to protect the branch from rotting someone and to get the angle you want, add an ivy, and replace the moss.  Theoretically the ivy will climb up the branch and the whole thing will look tree-ish.  (With emphasis on the ‘-ish.’)



... one of my editing clients had his first book accepted for publication!  I am really excited for him.  (I take on a limited number of editing projects---and I'm much better professionally than on this blog!---so if you need an editor, I use gmail and my hand is jpariodesigns.)

Have a great weekend!  We are off to a family reunion....

No comments:

Post a Comment