Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Investing Update


I was planning to do a blog post on how my tiny account designated for investing for income has finally broken even.  I had invested $250 back in February (here is the post) and of another $20 somewhere along the way.  I was all excited because the account had finally gotten to $270.65.  I went in today to check the exact amount... and it is now down to $269.85.  That is .15 cent less than what I've put in so far.

Sigh.

Living off of invested income is the bedrock of most early retirement/financial independence plans.  However, you evidently have to invest a heck of a lot more!  (Plus my initial investment was pretty conservative.)  This is turning into a learning experience instead...  But that is okay.  I am into learning!

I am making tiny progress-- the dividend for March was .82 but the one for June was a whole 1.06.

 Someday I'm going to look back on this and smile while contemplating my steady stream of passive income, right?

Right now my plan is to wait until our other (IRA) investments with this particular company reach a certain dollar amount at which point the percentage that the fund takes goes down.  Also the year-end dividend is supposed to be higher.

I'll keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment