Friday, December 19, 2014

Christmas Ornaments.... Size Matters

Today I'm going to start work on some custom ornaments for Jody at Out of the Box.  (She was going to sell some of my ornaments in the store, but at both craft fairs I sold all but one.  Next year, maybe.)

She gives each of her two boys a new Christmas ornament every year with the date on it.  I'm going to make two of these with circles for the date and each boy's name.
That means going through piles of Christmas cards looking for images that 8 and 9 year old boys would like.  I thought while I was going through punching out circles, I could also cut strips to make this other kind of card.

I made some with playing card strips, but I want them bigger.  Now I think it's too big....



This afternoon I tried just cutting strips the size of a greeting card but I think they were too long.  (Picture holding a card so the height is more than the width, then cut left to right.  That's the direction.)

I might just need more strips, but I think I need something between playing card and Christmas card size.  I'll do some experimenting--that's half the fun of it.

It was fun to get to use the paper cutter that I won from Westcott via Craftgossip.com.  It's so much easier and faster than scissors...

No comments:

Post a Comment