Monday, January 5, 2015

New Year's Resolutions

Some people don't do them.  But I figure I need them.

For one thing, this time next year I can look back and see how I did.

So, what were my resolutions for 2014?
  • Earn at least $200 from crafting/art.  (Ambitious!  I think my yearly record was $55......)
  • Earn at least $300 from freelance writing, editing, proofreading etc. (Very conservative.  I've made over $1,000 a year the last three years, but I don't have any of the big money-making projects on deck right now, and I'm letting myself focus on fun stuff for a while.)
  • Finish Alex's Alphabet Adventures book.
  • Develop a healthier relationship with money.
  • Start working on my voice acting ambitions by volunteering to record books for the blind. 
How did I do?



Crafting:  Minus expenses, I made $173.33.  I'm still waiting to get paid for something that would have bumped it up to $190.  That's pretty close....  Still, I'm getting away from crafting for money, unless I'm doing something I really love.  I probably made less than minimum wage....

Freelance writing: $420

Alex's book: Not done.  But I'm going to put it someplace where I can leave it out and that should help.

Relationship with Money: Not much progress there.   Working on it....

Voice Acting:  I started the ball rolling in the summer but I am still waiting for my friend to finish the demo reel.  At least a demo reel is in the works!

And 2015?

  • Help my husband get at least two YouTube videos done to publicize Charlemagne Beard Oil.
  • Clean out my studio and make it functional!
  • Organize and add keywords to my 15,000+ photos on my iMac
  • Get Dad's website up and running for his custom furniture business
  • Grow 200 pounds worth of food this summer
Nothing about $ this year--I've been thinking about it too much as it is!


If you make (or don't make) New Years Resolutions please drop me and my readers a line in the comments!


1 comment:

  1. Those are all good resolutions & you did better than most people at keeping the ones from last year, I think. :)

    ReplyDelete