Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Cost of Contacts for a Year

I was curious how much contact solution I go through in a year, so I wrote the date on the bottle when I started using it:

I finished it off this week.

So since it lasted 7.5 weeks, that means I need to buy a bottle roughly 7 times a year.  At $9.27 a bottle and 52 weeks in a year, that means I spent about $64.89 a year on solution.  That's really not that much.  But if I spend the same amount on the cleaner, I might want to see how much it would cost to get an updated prescription for my glasses.

This obviously isn't a solution to all of your financial problems.  But it would be an easy way to figure out how much you spend a year on everything from cereal to toothpaste.  If you are trying to decide if you want to make your own _________, this might be a useful exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment