Thursday, April 2, 2015

Book Bag

On journaling---- fun for the amateur.  Journal Bliss by Violette. 9781600611896

Journal Bliss: Creative Prompts to Unleash Your Inner Eccentric
by Violette  (She doesn't have a last name.  See 'Eccentric' above.)

I think I want to get my fingers covered in paint and find my art Zen Zone with this lady.  The techniques in the book are fun for the beginning or not-too-serious artist.  The lady herself is just fun. I always judge a book by whether or not it makes me want to play in my studio, and this one did.


Zentangle Untangled: Inspiration and Prompts for Meditative Drawing
by Kass Hall

There are a lot of people who take Zentangle pretty seriously.  But this book is a good introduction, with lots of patterns to learn and images that show you what folks have done with this soothing art form.  I liked the book and wish I had had more time to try out some of the techniques.  I want to go back to this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment