Monday, August 17, 2015

Unexpected Compost Pile Adornment

Oddly enough, I saw the branch fall.

The windows are all open right now since it is finally cool enough, and as I was making lunch I heard what sounded like fireworks in the backyard.  That seemed like an odd occurrence, especially since it has been raining all day, and as I looked out at the backyard I saw the branch slowly bend, break, and fall on the compost pile.

Happily, the compost pile is sturdily built.


I'm also glad that the branch didn't crush the nearby tomato plant.

Still, it was rather surreal.

1 comment:

  1. That would be kind of weird. And now your compost pile looks a bit like a jungle, with the stone of an ancient building peeking out. (I watch a lot of travel documentaries.) But at least you have firewood for the winter, right? :)

    ReplyDelete