Thursday, October 1, 2015

Pottery Class Results

This is what I made during my 10-week class:



Except for the pastel green and yellow pot with the black outlines on its petals--one of the instructors made that for me since the piece to its left (another pot-with-petals) kept getting broken and repaired.

Here is a close-up of some favorite pieces:
I like making pottery, but it is a whole lot harder than it looks.  Plus some things crack for no reason and glazing can be unpredictable.  (Of course, somethings also crack for very good reasons....)

I asked my instructor what she thought of my abilities and she said, "You have a good design sense, but you are too hasty."  So, I said, "Creative, but impatient."  She nodded.

I'm hoping do to pottery again because I like the practical aspect.  Among the other little experiments, I made two vases, three pots for plants, a pencil holder or two, and three matching containers for utensils that match our yellow-and-black kitchen.  Most the above turned out OK.  Also, making pottery is really soothing and meditative.   

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! They look good, J. I'm glad you enjoyed the class. :)

    ReplyDelete