Saturday, July 30, 2016

Weekly Round-Up

Lately...

... I started a Twitter account: @jpariodesigns.

.... Belovedest, Auntie M. and I went to a tiny house tour.  We were mostly disappointed, as there wasn't much effort at being self-sufficient or energy-efficient.  However, I was pleasantly surprised to realize that the 384 square foot house didn't feel cramped, even though there were 11 people in it.
Belovedest pointed out that that was because most of the couple's stuff was up at their other house, which was just up the road.  So they didn't need to store, for example, things like: a vacuum cleaner, snow shovel, books, paperwork, extra food, entertainment, etc. there.  It was more like a little getaway cabin than anything else.

I liked the outdoor shower, though.

And I did learn that building codes vary by county DRASTICALLY in our state.
Auntie M. shuddered at the thought of cooking a full meal in this kitchen, and I think she's right:


The loft with the little bridge really helped open up the space.


.... We played board games with Stacy and Terri.


..... We went to the National Championship Roller Skating tournament, where I had cause to remember my photography teacher's words: set your camera up before you go, in the quiet of your home, so you don't have to figure out your settings on the spot.





1 comment:

  1. Tiny houses are not for everyone. Definitely not for me! I love the idea but I'd go nuts. No space for my stuff! The roller skating championships look cool.

    ReplyDelete